11.11. is a special date for me, and it also marks a few anniversaries. One of them is the beginning of this blog a few years back 🙂 That’s why I decided to re-post my first post here:
It’s not a coincidence that I’m starting this blog today. And it’s not a coincidence the first post is uploaded at 11:11 (GMT). Well, there are no coincidences anyway 🙂
The numbers are an important part of my life, although I haven’t really found out what is the meaning behind all of them yet. Here’s just a few examples of the dates in my life. I was born on 5.5.1985 at 5.25pm. I finished university in 2009, the defense of my thesis was on 09.09.09 at 9am. I got my first real job on 10.10.10.
And then there’s 11.11.11. I’d say that on this day my spiritual journey began. It’s a very important date for me. Around that time I started seeing 11.11 all the time, every day, everywhere. Of course I had to look into that 🙂
How often do you see 11:11?
There are thousands of people all over the world that are constantly seeing the number 11 or 1111. I’m sure it happened to all of us, it’s just a matter of how often you see it and how much you pay attention. It can appear on the clock, on car registration plates and so on. I saw a documentary about this phenomenon when I was still a child but unfortunately I don’t remember much of it, not even the title 😦 I forgot about it for several years. Then a few years back it started appearing in my life. At first I didn’t know anything about it, but when it happens you feel it has a special, maybe even magical, connotation. I don’t want to sound too crazy and I don’t know how to explain everything. I just had the feeling that it means something and I googled it. I read a lot about the 11:11 phenomenon but I think the experience can be different for everyone.
In general it’s a kind of »wake up call«. It can signify our spiritual awakening, as this number seems to be predominantly noticed by those who have begun their spiritual journeys. Some people believe that it’s the angels communicating with us, others say that when you see this number you should pay attention to what you’re either doing or thinking at that particular moment. 11.11 also refferrs to a global consciousness – when you see 11:11 you feel connected with the Universe and everyone else who is currently experiencing this phenomenon.
The number 11 is also very important in numerology. It’s a Master Number, which means it’s a double digit of the same number, and when this occurs the vibrational frequency of the prime number doubles in power. The very basic understanding of the number 1 is that of new beginnings and purity. When we see this digit doubled as with the eleven then these attributes double in strength. 11 represents impractical idealism, visionary, refinement of ideals, intuition, revelation, artistic and inventive genius. It symbolizes the potential to push the limitations of the human experience into the stratosphere of the highest spiritual perception; the link between the mortal and the immortal; between man and spirit; between darkness and light; ignorance and enlightenment. You can’t deny that 11 is a very powerful number.
I see the number 11.11 mostly on clocks. And I don’t see it all the time. There were periods in the recent years when I was seeing the numbers all the time and periods when I haven’t seen them at all. I’ve learned that for me they mean »Be aware, something big is coming.« And by big I mean spiritually big for me. All my spiritual awakenings (yeah i had a bunch of small ones haha) came after a period of seeing 11.11 all the time. Sometimes it brings a really crazy and hard period first, but after that there’s always something great. Because of course, our spiritual growth comes from hard times.
Here are some interesting facts about the number 11 that I found online:
- Saint Augustine stated that “the number 11 is the blazon of sin”. In the Bible Eleven was considered a symbol of internal conflict and rebellion.
- The First World War ended on the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month.
- Apollo 11 was the first manned spacecraft to land on the moon.
- In the Tarot, eleven is the card of Strength or Justice. Justice symbolizes balance between the spiritual and material world.
- The deepest known point of the ocean is at Callenger Deep, Marina Trench located in the Pacific Ocean. The depth is 11 km.
- Nelson Mandela became the 11th president of South Africa in 1994.
- New York became the eleventh state of the United States on July 26, 1788. The first plane to hit the World Trade Center (North Tower) on September 11, 2001, was American Airlines Flight 11. September 11th is the 254th day of the year. 2+5+4=11
- There are eleven players on a soccer team, on an American football team, on a cricket team, as well as on a field hockey team.
Some people say it’s a coincidence, others say it’s not. I’ll have another post about coincidences soon, so stay tuned!